How much does RIDGI cost?

Please visit the Special orders or Trade desk at your local Bunnings store.

Can I install it myself?

Yes you can! The product has been designed for the home handyman.  If you decide you want a professional to install you wall, please contact Austral Masonry on 1300 627 667 to enquire.

What other projects can I use the RIDGI system for?

Besides being ideal for retaining walls below 1.0m high, the RIDGI system is extensively used for raised gardgen and veggie beds, garden edging, maximising areas with limited space and stepping a slope.

What are the advantages of a RIDGI system?

The Do-it-yourself RIDGI system requires no building permit or council approval, it is designed for minimal maintenance and longevity.  The RIDGI sleeper designs and finishes are exceptional give an aesthetic finish.

The RIDGI system is backed by years of know-how, experience and rigorous testing by Austral Masonry.

Do I need Drainage?

Yes.  If you do not have adequate drainage for your retaining wall the build-up of water behind the wall increases the load on the wall beyond the level that it was designed for.

Drainage is relatively simple to install and will also prevent seepage through your wall.

Need advise? Call us at 1300 627 667

Do I need a Building Permit?

You need a building permit for retaining walls constructed on, or near site boundaries where there is a risk of damage of adjoining property or if the wall that you are constructing is 1.0m or more in height.

Please have a look at our premium range of products for retaining walls above 1.0m.

Do I need a Planning Permit?

In general you do not need a planning permit for a retaining wall unless you have either a heritage overlay or an Environmental Significance Overlay with a schedule of tree control.  However, we recommend that you contact your local council to check if you need a planning permit.

Do I need engineering?

In general if your wall needs a permit, you need engineering.  That means that if your wall is over 1.0m high, or if the wall built on or near site boundaries where there is a risk of damage to adjoining properties, you need to have engineering done.  You may need to use our Explorer product if required to meet Australian Standard, or specified by an engineer.

Do I need a Registered Building Practitioner?

Only Registered Building Practitioners meet the legal requirements to carry out works valued over $3,300.  So when you use a registered building practitioner you can be confident that they are qualified, experienced and insured as required. 

What is Builders Warranty Insurance?

Builders Warranty insurance or Domestic Building Insurance is intended to provide protection for the client and insures them in the case that the build dies, becomes insolvent or disappears and cannot finish the project or fix defects.  Domestic Building insurance is required for all domestic builders who enter into domestic building contracts where the value is over $12,000.

There's a white powdery substance on my sleepers?

This is not a product fault, this is called efflorescence.  Efflorescence is the migration of a salt to the surface of a porous material, where it forms a coating.  The essential process involves the dissolving of an internally held salt in water, or occasionally in another solvent.  Please click here to learn more.